Friday, November 20, 2009

Purple

Found this great book, Purple Anthology, in the library today and decided to take photos of the pages to share with you all. Purple Anthology catalogs the French magazines 15 years of influencing and revolutionizing fashion photography. In the 90s Purple reinvented and changed fashion photography by commissioning fine artists to shoot fashion editorials. Really glad I found this book. Go to your library and you will be surprised what you will find. (These are older books you cannot find in Barnes & Noble or Borders).




The photo below, People in Tokyo Call Me a Photographer by Yurie Nagashima, caught my eye because of her style and her statement: "I'm not really interested in the obsession Japanese male photographers have with taking pictures of teenage girls and their panties. It seems to me they don't know what's really exciting. Some of my self-portraits look similar, but they're completely different. Theirs are about sexual appetite, while mine are about my delusions."







No comments:

Post a Comment